Air Arms Quality Control

hi all im new to this forum but im quite seasoned to air rifles

so here we go

I purchased an air arms tx200hc walnut .177 right handed from pellpax target sports via delivery about 2 weeks ago . When it arrived i gave it a quick inspection at the door and all was well.

upon further inspection i noticed that this was a left handed action and it was sat in a right handed stock ,,,DAMN

so i was straight on the phone with pellpax and they arranged for a new rifle to be send to me and they would collect the old rifle ,,they where very understanding and straight on the ball,,another weeks wait ,,so the following saturday comes and so does the new rifle.

so i took delivery and mounted my scopes ready to zero the rifle.

after the first cock of the rifle i noticed that the safety didnt engage at any time (and yes i own two more tx200 and i know you have to wait for nice click at the end of the cocking stroke) so i had a look but just couldnt get the safety to engage ,,oh well the pellet was already loaded so i continue to fire 5 more shots,,then when i tried to cock the rifle again it wouldnt engage and hold the cocking arm back ,,this took me almost 15 mins to get it to cock (serious arm ache) and then finally when it did cock i loaded a pellet and tried to return the cocking arm to normal position buy pushing the release button on the side of the tx200,but it was having none of it ,,,about 5 more minutes of trying to sort this out and i gave up,,

so i spoke to pellpax today ,and they are going to get on the phone with air arms to see if there are any niggly problems that can be fixed,,there going to give me a call tomorow and let me know the outcome

has anyone else got any bad experiences with the tx200 as of late

ive never experienced any problems from air arms before at all i just think the quality control is going down the pan i own the mk1 and mk2 and havent had a single problem what so ever,,and as for an assembler in the factory putting wrong actions in wrong stocks ,,,,well guys rant over thanks for listening

• Like 1

hi there davy thanks for the info

ive tried this several times but it just wont release at all ,,,pellpax just phoned and made me aware that air arms had a bad batch of sears ,,and this is why the safety and the cocking arm are having problems,,,but they are replacing the rifle on saturday so happy days ,,,cheers gents :victory:

• Like 2