Night Vision Setup Complicated

Hey guys. Looking at shooting all night in the rain. Was thinking i need a night scope for the actual shot and to get into position i will need ir to walk down the tracks. So assuming it might rain some nights if i use head goggles while calling game to spot the game i will then need to lift those goggles and look down the scope. I cant wear a brimed hat bc of this so im going to get drenched, also the water will go straight down the lenses of the goggles. I thought i cld use a pair of hand held but thats fairly annoying if i walk 2km , so a system that instead of the head goggles going up, they wld go to the side? Or i suppose when i get to my stalking point i cld just un attach the head gear and use as goggles? Im thinking when i have the cash i cld have ir to get me to the stalking point , then thermal for spotting the shoot with ir scope.

How do these ir perform in the rain? How would you set up for shooting at night in the rain?