Smoking Out Rats

As the title says my permission holder ask me while talkin to him about ferreting some rats holes under neith some concrete. I said you can but there's better ways, such as smoking them out. I have a general idea about it but would need some more advise before making a fool out of myself in front of him. What's the best type of thin to use as a smoker? An old 2 stroke chain saw? Does it really matter what type of dogs are used or do people just prefer terriers because they are smaller and more nimble?

Iv said il have a night shooting them the air rifle and if that doesn't yield great numbers I may have to go ahead with this.

Atb guys

eany small 2stroke engine will do the job just extend the exhaust pipe with some steel tube far enough that it cools down then fit a rubber pipe to push into holes.

most dogs will kill rats terriers are good at it because thay love it. and are a handy size for the job. id make shure you take some dogs that you no 100% do rats tho or you will end up looking the fool.