Anyone From Inverness?

looking at doing some wildfowling on the foreshore around Inverness and was wondering if anyone can give me some tips where to go. part of the blackisle wildfowlers club for a few years now but im looking for a few more places to shoot.

any help will be very much appreciated.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Head east..findhorn and Lossiemouth.

Quite a few places to shoot north and east of Inverness, just huge expanses so difficult to be in the right place. Best bet is to walk/drive along coast at flight times and watch for birds moving.

Hi,

I am a member of the same wildfowling club as you, but since I am on the southside of the bridge I tend to shoot at the longman, petty bay, connage, ardersier and delnies, then you have the old bar at nairn.

Loads of options on the southside of the moray firth.

Bod

• 2 months later...

Sorry pal, just saw your question now...

He shoots down near the re-claimed land in front of the stadium somewhere, I will try and get directions from him....

I live down near Edinburgh mate, but my mother-in-law has a house in Ardersier and I am up there as often as possible....

The whole coast around there is good for fowling, but trying to get a quiet spot away from the ack-ack boys is the challenge..

I was at Kingssteps this year for the first time, there are some real bams down there, dunno what kind of ammo they were using, but the geese were like specs in the sky....and no, they didnt bring any down!!

Plenty of geese around tho, drive around and watch where they are coming off.....just dont shoot them on the roost!

Ni no worries mega hunter. I thought you were from inverness yourself. anyways that would be great if you could get directions from him. I went for a drive the other day and found a place then went back to it at nite and there were geese as I could hear them went back to it this morn also a lot of ducks.. emailed northern constabulary this morn telling them that im gonna be shooting geese and ducks on the foreshore down by the alturlie point and that my concern is that if a member of the public phone the police and the police well be dispatch to where im shooting so I asked them if I need to phone them every time I go shooting? Got a fone call within half hour after sending the email the officer said that you don't have to inform us just be careful and think safety first and that the foreshore is free for shooting. I emailed just to be on the safe said.. I don't want fire armed response unit turning up and pointing guns at me fek tht for a laugh.. lol

And ya we do get some muppets..

cheers matey.

You will be fine, just keep away from the nutters....

We had an incident with one of our guys a couple of years ago, think I posted it, there was a bloke turned up with a big white flag, everytime a goose or duck appeared he ran about waving the flag...scaring the birds off....

Anything like that happens, stick your gun in its bag and head home, let the cops know and they will deal with it....

Best of luck, let us know how you get on!!

• Like 1

Hi,

You should have no problem shooting there, park at round-a-bout after tescos, walk down to railway and go through the fence below tunnel, do not cross raiway using the stairs. I use the burn mouth or the big rocks near the dump werre the other burn comes out, plenty of options large bay. As for calling the police to notify abouy wildfowling I would not bother as you are doing nothing illegal and not many house up top end bay.

B.

Theres no need for dat flag waving shit! I was shooting at Findhorn once and a dog walker approached me and said you cruel person and you shouldnt be shooting here its illegal. I said its not illegal Im im just enjoying da public rites of recreation on da foreshore which also includes shooting.. just like u enjoying ur walk with ur dog on da public place and I followed it with clearly u have a problem fone da police and let them know and I just walked away..

Well surely let u know how I get on mega hunter.

Where u fae bodach? Have you had any luck yourself in dat area?

Hi,

I am 3 miles fae that bay and have had luck from there down to the old bar at Nairn, Findhorn way too many cowboys on there for my liking.

It's all about watching and noting weather flight lines, that bay is mentioned in the book wildfowler in Scotland.

Bodach