good lad goes down

POLICE are investigating whether a man who died when a car overturned in a field was out poaching.

Martin Williams, 37, was travelling in a silver Subaru Legacy estate car which was being driven in a field near Sicklinghall, between Harrogate and Wetherby, when the accident happened.

Mr Williams, of Miles Hill Crescent, Bradford, was with three other men in the car when it flipped over at around 4am on Wednesday.

North Yorkshire Police said that as part of their inquiries they are investigating whether the men were poaching or lamping – using a bright light to search out prey to shoot.

A police spokesman said that instead of calling for help, the men took the injured victim to Leeds General Infirmary in the severely damaged car, which would have had at least one smashed window.

Last night, residents at Carlshead Farm, near where the accident happened, said they were upset over the death and added that people were often seen driving vehicles in the fields.

Justine Gaunt, who lives on the farm, said: "All I can say is that we are so very sad that something like this could happen where we live. It is really tragic and I have heard that the man who died had a wife and two children.

"The first we knew of it was when the police helicopter started hovering overhead.

"It is sad that they didn't feel they could knock on our door and ask for help or ask us to call an ambulance to help him."

Police said Mr Williams died after arriving in Leeds and added that two men who had been arrested had now been released on police bail pending further inquiries.

An inquest into the death will be opened on a date to be fixed.

this was a friend of mine i took this from the yorkshire post it shows you the dangers of the sport

RIP martain at least you went doing something you enjoyed see you up there

dobby

POLICE are investigating whether a man who died when a car overturned in a field was out poaching.

Martin Williams, 37, was travelling in a silver Subaru Legacy estate car which was being driven in a field near Sicklinghall, between Harrogate and Wetherby, when the accident happened.

Mr Williams, of Miles Hill Crescent, Bradford, was with three other men in the car when it flipped over at around 4am on Wednesday.

North Yorkshire Police said that as part of their inquiries they are investigating whether the men were poaching or lamping – using a bright light to search out prey to shoot.

A police spokesman said that instead of calling for help, the men took the injured victim to Leeds General Infirmary in the severely damaged car, which would have had at least one smashed window.

Last night, residents at Carlshead Farm, near where the accident happened, said they were upset over the death and added that people were often seen driving vehicles in the fields.

Justine Gaunt, who lives on the farm, said: "All I can say is that we are so very sad that something like this could happen where we live. It is really tragic and I have heard that the man who died had a wife and two children.

"The first we knew of it was when the police helicopter started hovering overhead.

"It is sad that they didn't feel they could knock on our door and ask for help or ask us to call an ambulance to help him."

Police said Mr Williams died after arriving in Leeds and added that two men who had been arrested had now been released on police bail pending further inquiries.

An inquest into the death will be opened on a date to be fixed.

this was a friend of mine i took this from the yorkshire post it shows you the dangers of the sport

RIP martain at least you went doing something you enjoyed see you up there

dobby

the poor lad is dead why do the cops need to know what they were doing his poor kids and wife dont need to have to go trough that its just tragic sorry 2 hear it :(:(:(