Panacur For Poults

im a bit confused as shovel leaner says its ok and linton lad says its no good for pheasant poults

im a bit confused as shovel leaner says its ok and linton lad says its no good for pheasant poults

Im only quoting what my vet told me.

You can buy Panacur for sheep and cattle with or without the added selenium and cobalt, the version with it in is called "Panacur SC"

Think you'd be better off using something like flubenvet for gapes.

Have used Panacur for worms, but I think it only treats intestinal worms, whereas gapes is in the throat/windpipe area.

ATB

J

was going to get some just in case ,we hopefuly wont need it ! also flubenvet is on prescription isn't it? so would take time to get !does flubenvet only come in the pellets?

Flube is off prescription now and also comes in liquid !

ANY IDEA WHERE I CAN GET THE LIQUID

cheers mikey

Hi mikey , sorry to take so long getting back , i havent bought the liquid myself , i get mine added to my food . But i have seen the bottles in my local country wide stores , or try an agricultural merchants . One thing to keep in mind is that you tend to get gapes in your birds in wet conditions , and very often the poults will be drinking from puddles and wheel rutts , this makes treating them via drinkers difficult. To that end , if you are a small shoot , try and approach a larger shoot and buy a few bags of treated growers from them . Next year try and tack a few bags for yourself on their order, if you offer the keeper a duck flight or a mornings shooting as a sweetener i am sure he will oblige !!! Dont forget that the life cycle of a worm is 3 weeks , I treat mine at 9 weeks and 12 weeks as routine and never hear a snick . ATB Shovel

Edited by shovel leaner

Have used Panacur for worms, but I think it only treats intestinal worms, whereas gapes is in the throat/windpipe area.

ATB

J

was going to get some just in case ,we hopefuly wont need it ! also flubenvet is on prescription isn't it? so would take time to get !does flubenvet only come in the pellets?

cheers mikey

Hi mikey , sorry to take so long getting back , i havent bought the liquid myself , i get mine added to my food . But i have seen the bottles in my local country wide stores , or try an agricultural merchants . One thing to keep in mind is that you tend to get gapes in your birds in wet conditions , and very often the poults will be drinking from puddles and wheel rutts , this makes treating them via drinkers difficult. To that end , if you are a small shoot , try and approach a larger shoot and buy a few bags of treated growers from them . Next year try and tack a few bags for yourself on their order, if you offer the keeper a duck flight or a mornings shooting as a sweetener i am sure he will oblige !!! Dont forget that the life cycle of a worm is 3 weeks , I treat mine at 9 weeks and 12 weeks as routine and never hear a snick . ATB Shovel

cheers shovel leaner we had flube added last year but didn't need it we haven't bothered this year to try and cut costs so I thought i would get some liquid just in case!

ATB

J

cheers mikey

cheers shovel leaner we had flube added last year but didn't need it we haven't bothered this year to try and cut costs so I thought i would get some liquid just in case!

Yeah its been dry this year , so gapes havent been much of a problem !