My Ocw Test Today

Hi the OAL was 2.810" I am trying to get a reasonably accurate load before I start to play with seating depths.

Yes the ring is about 7.5mm from the base

Here is a pic of one with the ring round it, post-11924-0-23705200-1377437247.jpg

That's a good group with 42gns of N140 :-)

The test I did from the land with the 168gn A-max went from 10 to 60 thou off the lands and in my rifle 60 thou gave the smallest group of .408" followed closely by a .449" group at only 10 thou off and 3rd best was .509" at 40 thou off which didn't make much sense to me!

Iv got a sonic 45 mod but I don't put it on when load testing and when it is on the point of impact goes 2" high and 1 1/2 right, do you recommend me using my mod when load testing or will it not make any difference other than poi change?

Thanks

Rick

If it is your intention to always use the mod whether for stalking or target use, then I would say yes use the mod for your testing - knowing the difference to POI is easy to adjust.

You may also wish to consider that by putting the mod on it could affect the harmonics of the barrel which in turn could affect the groups you are getting - making them better or worse - please note I say 'could'

Hi I will try the best group I get from Wednesday with the mod on and see if the groups stays the same or gets worse if it stays the same I will use the mod on any further load tests which brings me to a question how many rounds is my sonic 45 mod good for?

Rick