Good Day Today But I Have A Question.

I shot a field today on the edge of the moors, Ive had the permission a while but not been on until this corn had been cut so today was a first.

It was cold raining and windy but I turned the gate hole to see a grey and black field totally hammered with them.

I first thought I haven't got enough shells but decided to set up with what I had.

They came in hard and fast upwind like a constant stream into my kill zone my Browning maxus has never been as hot, I thought it was going to melt the forend.

But the inevitable happened I ran out of shells but picked 88 birds.. and they were still coming strong it could have easily been 100 birds but believe it or not I only began with two decoy shells as I went for a look more than anything.

But I shot this crow that came in cawing away and I took it, like any other to then notice a white wing flapping in the wind, I went and picked it and it had white feet white wings and head, anyone else seen this as its a first for me around here.

yes i'v had a few funny coloured crows.. what did you do with the bird?? i'm a taxidermist and would give it a good home if you still got it..

I left it on the field mate as the farmer told me to leave a few on the stubble to put off other birds.

I never thought to have it stuffed I wish I had brought it home now, but it will still be there but probably already starting to rot.

I could get it for you if your really interested, where in the country are you?

yes i'v had a few funny coloured crows.. what did you do with the bird?? i'm a taxidermist and would give it a good home if you still got it..

I left it on the field mate as the farmer told me to leave a few on the stubble to put off other birds.

I never thought to have it stuffed I wish I had brought it home now, but it will still be there but probably already starting to rot.

I could get it for you if your really interested, where in the country are you?

alright engraver .. i'm in middlesbrough ''but would pay postage to have it sent.. yes it does look like a pied rook''i' like ta get me hands on it..

I went up today and found the Rook mate but unfortunately it was battered with the rain and wind up there plus flies had got to it, so I didn't fancy putting that in my motor it stank.

had another good day up there though, I shot 47 with the Rapid well chuffed.IMG01651-20130808-2035_zps70d03380.jpg

Edited by engraver