My Bushing Terrier Bitch

foxtails

as above shes 6 yrs old 3/4 lake land 1/4 russel ..... when i take her rabbiting it takes her about 20 mins to 30 mins for her to get into her full hunting mode, and when she is in her full hunting mode likes to go on her own scent and takes her time to come back to me....when im trying to show her a set of holes, is anyone elses dog like this ? with ratting its different shes on them straight away, no messing about !

My bitch is just the same but saying that she is still quite young, she will be 2 this jan 1st. She has me pulling my hair out some days. she,s a plummer x and i have only had since the end of january. Was told that she had not done much when i got her, but she is starting to get the hang of it now. Too date she has only a few rats but no rabbits, hope she will get lucky soon atb day walker.

i got a russell dog here dooing the same thing i was working him with a lakey russell dog start of last season and he wood work bang on but i sold the lakey x and he started f##king about 30 mins or so befor he get to it don't no why. if he's same this season he will be going

shes marking 100% i cant fault her on that, but it pisses me off some days when it takes her a while to get going properly, when iv seen other peoples terriers get stuck in the minute theyr off the lead - no messing about, i had this bitch about 3 years ago, but shes done me proud a few times so will keep her till the end now, but i might bring in another terrier to get the full potential out of it as im starting to get into digging ect, this bitch iv got now will also go to ground but feck knows whats go;s on below ? probally talking/having a cuppa ect lol :laugh:

yer i no what you meen about pisses you off it f##k me right off some time but when the do start puting a rabbit or 2 up it's all ok it's not to bad for me as i have a jrt bitch and she is mad for bushing she gets to work as soon as she hits the field but she a f##ker for other dog