Earth Anchor Driver

hi all,does any one have any dimensions,diagrams or pictures of a lowa earth anchor driver because I am wanting to make one.Expensive to buy.Have got everthing else.Homemade anchors,some cables that i bought from john b at fourteen acre now just need the driver.

Cheers lads

Tom.Crichton

if you have the anchors just get two pipes one the same as the earth anchor was made out of and the other one goes inside that one and welded on, make sure the top tee bar is made of solid steel cause when you knock them in you will flatten the top and eventually it will break off, of course depends how much you use it but if your looking for earth anchors you must be snaring a fair few foxes anyway,you will need about 18-20 inches of cable attached to the anchor so make sure your bar is longer than that or you wont get them in far enough in the ground, Where do you get your snares from? cause they will probably have the drivers and anchors for sale hope this helps

I get my snares from the lad thats teaching me to snare,he makes then.I am using in line snares.AND i wouldnt buy from Ian Woods because normally people have payed money and dont get there goods that they ordered.Thanks for the first reply,thats the bar i carnt find the one that the anchor slides over, got dimensions? Cheers

i cant give you dimensions as i cant see the anchor your using The dimension you need is the size of the hole down the middle of the anchor, the anchor slides over the pipe you need to make if you know what i mean,so when when you knock the driver and the anchor in the ground and then pull out the driver the anchor stays in the ground

Tom if I were you I wouldn't buy a driver as there not a universal size., the drivers are best made by the same person who made the anchors so the same materials can be used and the anchor checked to ensure it fits correctly. I've made a few drivers and rather that a t handle I prefer a oversized cylindrical type, one that can withstand the constant hammering required to set an Iowa. If you made the anchors yourself you already have one of the three components required..... When producing your anchors make one that has one mitred end and one square end, now find a bar that is a snug internal fit & cut it to approx 24" long.....the normal material for iowas is 19mm conduit, if this is what you have then find a piece of 1 1/2 round approx 4" long and drill the centre approx 3" deep with the hole being the correct dia to allow a knock on fit......finally position your Iowa with the square end onto the end of the bar and check your happy with the length / position ect...once your happy with it weld the driver and its components together . Lastly slide a completed Iowa onto your driver so the corresponding mitres align, trim the bar to your required length then add a pencil point.....if you want to go to town then various chamfurs / radiuses can be added during production. I have several that I made using st / st so if a photo would help pm me your number.