Left And Right, Well Right And Left Really!!

Those who may have read any of my previous posts will know I love shooting but freely admit I'm not the best shot in the world, I've just got back into shooting a shotgun after a break of nearly 20 years. My kids, bless their cotton socks, clubbed together and bought me a used Remington 1100 semi auto for fathers day and today I was shooting like a demon, hence the title and my exuberance at my first right and left on a pair of crows.

My son and I were decoying pigeons in a field which had recently been cut and bailed for hay, my son had taken the first couple of birds that had come to the pattern, and I totally out of character had smoked the next two both with a single shot, it went a little quite so my son decided to go for a wander. I saw three crows get up in the distance and ducked down behind the ghost camo as it became obvious they were going to come over me, a quick grumble at the dog ensured he wasn't going to move as I tracked them getting closer, then as they turned slightly I realised they were getting out of range so took my chance and folded the trailing bird, I was concentrating so hard on the trio I hadn't notice a fourth which was actually heading straight for me, instinctively I swung the gun and fired, again no flapping about the crow just folded. My son on returning said "that was a nice shot, missed it with the first though" "what you talking about?" came my reply, "I just got my first right and left", "your shitting me" came his retort at which point he saw the dog heading for the second bird. I'm not saying this monumental but when a friend rang him with whom we shot clays a few weeks back his first words were " you know my dad can't hit shit, well......."

For those who'd like to know as previously mentioned I was shooting a Remington 1100 semi auto 3 shot, skeet version and clear pigeon 32g 6's

• Like 1