Bedlington Terriers As Bushers

I have a young beddy, smashes cover, leaves hismelf in bits, great nose, coat, great stamina, will swim rivers in winter to get to game , incredible drive, thats the good points, bad points are - he follows his nose too far ahead and becomes a struggle to keep close, therefore ruining potential catches for the runners who are still beside me and the jacker thats working close by. honestly hes not suiting me for the land i hunt with the way he works but its hard not to like the f****r, a very likable animal, no trouble in kennels and gives 110% everytime he hits the field, it just so happens he does it on his terms.

Anymore reports on this dog?? Looks a cracking type :thumbs:

Guest foxpack

there was a good bitch up here in cumbria bout 20 years ago called treacle ,,real good bushing bitch would find anything anyway ,vocal when up close ,would drp to ground and bolt old charlie boy pritty sharpish ,,havent seen anything like it ever since ,we had a beddy dog couple of years ago ,,more work in a sick note ..utter shite ,but nt all are the same and there is some good ens out there ,but it is obvious lads are keeping them amongst them selves, :thumbs:

foxpack,its not that lads are keeping the right-uns for themselves,the right-uns are rarer than hens teeth and the few bred are quickly snapped up,id like to see a few more of these in decent kennels that would work them as terriers and not rodent munchers,alas this is not the case,there are innumerous litters of working Beddy,s bred,annually,the majority of which are pure pish,there are innumerable beddy owners with grafters,again pure pish.Honest grafting Bedlingtons are rarer than genuine grafting Beddy owners.The lads/lasses about that are willing to do the homework,get in a queue and show honest intent,will eventually end up with one,the rest will join the Beddy bandwagon.