trapping pheasants

Guest foxtrack
i need some help from you guys, means and methods of trapping pheasants alive, ive got some permision on some land where the wife keeps her horses and it borders a large shooting estate, ive been given permision off the land owner to trap some birds and relocate them to my pals shoot because the amount of birds which are on there , they are starting to spook the horses when they take flight thats the main reason he wants them off , we cant shoot them because of the horses and he dont care much for it :thumbdown: , so any idea's on trapping them and how ?

pictures would help aswell :wallbash:

john b put a thing on here a while back about catching them in a pipe

why not pm him

john b put a thing on here a while back about catching them in a pipe

why not pm him

I'd forgotten that one:

Stovepipe Bird Trap. The stovepipe game bird trap is so simple, it makes me laugh every time I think about it. The principle behind it is that birds can't back up. Have you ever seen a bird walk backwards? Neither have I!

Materials needed:

1. (1) 6-inch diameter, 24-inch long stove pipe
  2. piece of chicken wire, about 12-inches square
  3. some duct tape

That's it. You take the chicken wire, form it around one end of the pipe, and duct tape the overlay nice and tight around the pipe. Place a trail of corn going into the pipe, and a pile or cob in the back. This has to be the easiest trap to make, and man does it work! Be careful when you pull the pheasants out.