WHAT POSITION?

Guest Frank

WORKING OR UNEMPLOYED?  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Position In Life.

• WORKING
    • UNEMPLOYED

been workin now for the last six months after a 3 year wander about... or more like a "wonder what the f**k i'm goin to do"... got sick of working in dead end jobs from factory to factory and tried a bit of welding but it was just a factory job with a bit more cash and about the same job satisfaction (feck all)... anywho, got my hgv and now i'm grand again... tried other out door jobs like pest control or conservation but they were surprisingly hard to get into and the pay was mostly crap :( ... trying to build now so i settled on driving it was the only way to go because i hate being stuck in factorys and i always find that there is always, always a brown nose ball licking hoor that just seems to be there to make life harder for everyone else...
YOU CAN CLEAN MY HOUSE ANYTIME YOU WANT I WILL PAY YOU IN RABBITS IF YOU WANT :clapper::clapper: AND TREAT YOU TO A MACDOANLDS NOW AND AGAIN

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive been a post for the last 3 and abit years started doing it after i got layed off as a gearbox mechanic. I enjoy most parts of the job but all this striking is doing my head in. Good part fo the job is if i want to a can run around my delivery and get to the meets of most the local packs. Also do a bit of work at local farms and the hunt kennels when the huntsman is abit snowed under.

Guest JohnGalway

I didn't vote. I'm self employed, sheep farmer on a small scale. However I would say i'm under employed. Applied for a few jobs this year, went for interviews, nothing doing. You either need experience or qualifications for jobs here now, unless they're complete shit. There are a lot of people looking for employment around this area if the ques of people who went looking for those jobs were anything to go by. Zero unemployment my H-O-L-E.

Hi Frank,I'm a slaughtermen/butcher by trade,and,I've worked on the building for a few years as well,but,I'm working for the Probation Service now.I'm a Community Service Supervisor,so I take out groups of upto 8 offenders into the community,and,make them work.I really do miss the slaughtering,but,I stabbed myself really bad through(literally)the left fore-arm,cutting most of the tendons in the hand and wrist,and,I couldn't keep up anymore,the lads carried me for a few months,but,it wasn't fair on them,so I left.I did work then for the Incinerator,that they are taking the F&M cattle to now.That was the worst job I have ever done in my life.But,on the bright side,the job I'm on now is 29.5hrs a week(fri-mon)and get paid a full salary..........happy days!

After thirty four years in the same business and three redundancies I decided to hang up my hat and buy a lawn mower... :laugh: ...I now do property maintenance and landscape gardening, also rabbit control of course B) ... I earn more than I spend and I spend as much as I want :thumbs: .. For those of you out of work, with the exception of those living in severely depressed areas, there's loads of people wanting something doing so get out there and get working! :yes: ..Charge a sensible rate do a good job and you'll always have money in your pocket :thumbs:

I stabbed myself really bad through(literally)the left fore-arm,cutting most of the tendons in the hand and wrist,

:cry: :cry: My mates just done that cutting flanks. They reckon he'll be out of work for 3 or 4 months. Joe :D

I hope he does,but,when I done mine I fecked up the muscle as well,and,they had to remove part of it.What with that and being in plaster for 2months,I lost a lot of muscle in my fore-arm,and,just couldn't keep up the pace on the line,and,the pay was mostly bonus with a small retainer.Good Luck to your mate though....................Martin. :thumbs: