Well after my troubles with blurry crosshairs on two scopes I have decided its not going to harm me to have an eye test as I havent had one since I was 15 but was told at the time I have 20/20 vision. Im going next week but in the meantime I decided to treat myself to a new Simmons 3-9x40 and I love it :) had to do without the IR which I will miss a bit but the image is crystal clear :) Hopefully that will solve my issues

i reckon the simmons should serve you well,as for the ir i changed my scope some while back and havent missed it at all.i found that it worked against me if anything as it sort of messed up my night vision when looking around after useing it.good luck with the eye test though

Thanks for the good luck. The scope my mate has that we both think is fine is a simmons so I thought i better stick to one I have tested. I used the IR on the lowest red setting so it wasnt too bright but I did find it helped in low light

Its 30/30 mate. I haven't been out in the field with my new scope yet although I zeroed it in the garden and it worked as it should and has so far kept its zero but its a very short time to tell its been under 24 hours. My mates simmons though i cant fault it. I would reccommend them to anyone

simmons do scopes with some great quality glass in em. they would sell bucket loads if they started to make them with multi aim point rets. my mate had a whitetail classic. the glass was very good. i wouldn't buy one though because they only come with a 30/30 ret. its a shame. the same goes with the nikon scope which also has good glass in it.

ive just picked up a bushnell eltie 6500 2.5-16x42 with mil dot ret up. it has side parallax. i cant fault it up to yet. i like looking at tree bark with it cos its like hd telly with the picture quality. great stuff.