bought two la bresse hens today and a cock, just wondering any of you lads out there keep these chickens. At the moment i have them locked up in the shed at the moment as there my first chickens not sure when to let them out. If anyone has keep this breed a little info on there temperment , egg laying capabilites etc would come in useful.

We breed these, good birds to have around. Eggs are nothing special to look at but regular. Look at the price the eggs fetch on the bay though! We are crossing them with Hubbard's for big table birds and ixworths for the same but slower growing. The makes can vary greatly though even from the same brood, some real heavy and others very racey, the latter go to the ferrets.

We breed these, good birds to have around. Eggs are nothing special to look at but regular. Look at the price the eggs fetch on the bay though! We are crossing them with Hubbard's for big table birds and ixworths for the same but slower growing. The makes can vary greatly though even from the same brood, some real heavy and others very racey, the latter go to the ferrets.

Was considering crossing them with the wessex supreme,the supreme i think is gaining in popularity for flavour over here. What ya think.

Well worth a go, if you do would by some hatching eggs when they were up to it. Don't purpose you know someone with wessex eggs?

I can get wessex but will have to travel. I agree about the eggs mine seem thin shelled so far will they thicken or are yours still thin shelled

• Like 1