Bsa Super Sport, What Are Your Opinions?

After selling all my gear just before Xmas I'm looking to buy another air rifle.

A mate if mine is selling his BSA super sport in .177 flavour as he's big in to his shotguns now and doesn't use it anymore.

Now I usually prefer .22 over .177 but I've had a look and it's in good condition. He's got it for sale at £120 but he said if I want it I can have it for £50

So, I was wondering what your opinions were on these rifles? Positives and negatives?

Thanks

£50 is a bargain mate. there good solid little rifles with good power and accuracy if you can shoot it properly and if its an old birmingham made one it wont let you down. still £50 even if you dont get on with it you wont lose any money if you go to sell it.

ive had 4 over the years and 2 old lightnings aswell. great little guns.

SKoT

Thanks mate. Ill probably go for it either way and like you said if I don't get on with it ill sell it. I'm not sure if its a brummy one or not, how would I find out?

What was your lightening like? I had one a while back with the synthetic stock but I'm left handed so didn't get on with plus. It was twangy as hell.

Thats the lightning xl. im talking about the original lightning before the xl came out i had 2 they wer both fine

then i got a lightning xl last year also im left handed so i went for wood stock.that was nothing like the old bsa's i had before . it was inaccurate twangy and only doing 8-10 ftlb

got rid and got a hw97kt ;)

old bsa's are a LOT better than new ones.

Oh right I see. Can you still get the original? Or are they not as well made?

I did plan on buying a hw95k but funds are low ATM so going to get something else I will probably buy the super sport anyway just to use for a while. Not sure if I'm going to get on with it as I usually prefer .22

Still have mine from when I was a lad 36 now still shoots good bit of spring twang always has been still doing 11.6 ft with super dome good guns an for fifty notes you carnt go wrong mate enjoy

Older the better BSA ( British solid accurate )

Edited by Matt Cottrell

How twangy is it mate? The lightening I had was well twangy, thought the spring was going to fly out haha

Bad mate I'm striping soon to tune it a bit so my son can Learn to shoot with her he wants my hw100 lol sed when u can shoot a springer an get good groups constant ill let u shoot a pcp

• Like 1

How twangy is it mate? The lightening I had was well twangy, thought the spring was going to fly out haha

Bad mate I'm striping soon to tune it a bit so my son can Learn to shoot with her he wants my hw100 lol sed when u can shoot a springer an get good groups constant ill let u shoot a pcp

best thing you could say. let him learn with a 'proper' gun first :D

Think in going to have to have a go with it and see for my self. Personally I don't like a twangy rifle, puts me off. Especially when I know there's other air rifles about that are of a much better quality but I suppose for 50 quid I can't really complain haha.

I'd have to agree on learning to shoot with a springer then move on to pcp ;)

Hi bud my opinion is what you hanging around for mate slap that 50 pound in his hand bloody great rifles ive had mine years and its brill great little rifle and in .177 just as good as .22 if you ask me and accurate too i wouldnt miss that opertuninty if i was you good luck

Yeah I've told him to keep it for me till I make my mind up. I suppose if it is twangy I could put a gas ram in it make it better like.

I'm not usually a fan of .177 but I could always sell up if I don't get on with it and make money on it