just looking for a bit of advice, my two lurchers have had bad gut for the last three or four day. i rang the vets as a friend told me thairs a cupple of bugs going around. that turnd out to be true but the vet said all they could do is give them a corse of antidiotics. i spoke to a nother friend who said that wasent the route to take just to give them a spoon full of milk & magnisium. i couldent get eny so i got sum kaolin mixture will this help to sort themout? cheers for reading fm :thumbs:

• Like 1

just looking for a bit of advice, my two lurchers have had bad gut for the last three or four day. i rang the vets as a friend told me thairs a cupple of bugs going around. that turnd out to be true but the vet said all they could do is give them a corse of antidiotics. i spoke to a nother friend who said that wasent the route to take just to give them a spoon full of milk & magnisium. i couldent get eny so i got sum kaolin mixture will this help to sort themout? cheers for reading fm :thumbs:

i use kaolin the boiled chicken and rice for a couple of days usually sorts things out i dont feed them for 24hrs give there gut a rest ;)

Bland chicken and rice, little and often, and make sure they are drinking and wee-ing ok. There is lots of this about at the moment, some really nasty ones causing blood in the diarrhoea too. It's also really infectious, so don't take the dog out to parks etc, and be careful with other dogs you have.

• Like 3

i use kaolin the boiled chicken and rice for a couple of days usually sorts things out i dont feed them for 24hrs give there gut a rest ;)

cheers mate thanks

Bland chicken and rice, little and often, and make sure they are drinking and wee-ing ok. There is lots of this about at the moment, some really nasty ones causing blood in the diarrhoea too. It's also really infectious, so don't take the dog out to parks etc, and be careful with other dogs you have.

thanks fella al give that agocheers fm

Some great advice here I reckon, especially from Lara. Keep an eye on the colour of the DIR and if it changes dramatically call the vet for advice. Also closely monitor for dehydration and take into account that lurchers do not have many reserves to call upon and if they are vulnerable, either old or very young they will be more at risk. If DIR is ongoing an electrolyte solution may be usefull. If the DIR is brown rain they will be loosing fluid at a rate of knots. Good luck and I hope they recover soon. :thumbs:

How are your dogs today......any improvement? :thumbs:

thankfully they look like they are getting back to normaly, still not thair yet tho. i smoke to my local vet again today and he has told me to stop feeding them the usual food for 3/4 days and to give them weatabix,rice and gravey,drie toast. with a bit of look they will be back to normal asap cheers fm

• Like 1

I've noticed that 2 on my 2 dogs,,,, but i had opened a new bag of meal and had been blaming it :hmm:

same here mate. i thaught it was down to something simple like that but it just gose to show mate that some thing as simple as that needs looked at cearfuly. cheers fm

I've noticed that 2 on my 2 dogs,,,, but i had opened a new bag of meal and had been blaming it :hmm:

same here mate. i thaught it was down to something simple like that but it just gose to show mate that some thing as simple as that needs looked at cearfuly. cheers fm

true :thumbs:

Hi,when my dogs get the runs, I normally starve them for 24 hours and then I just give them small meals of rice & chicken (little & often),eventually giving them their normal food.

As long as the dog is well in its self, ie....wanting to eat & drink, playful, alert, I don't worry too much.

Hi,when my dogs get the runs, I normally starve them for 24 hours and then I just give them small meals of rice & chicken (little & often),eventually giving them their normal food.

As long as the dog is well in its self, ie....wanting to eat & drink, playful, alert, I don't worry too much.

cheers for that mate.they seem a lot better today cheers fm