Am I taking the Piss applying for shotty and fac? Sercout posted vid on YouTube, says if u apply together its only 60 quid? Also, I'm into my airguns, so wouldnt mind a facair also. So I'm think shotty, .22 air, .17hmr as u can take fox with that can't you to certain distance. My main reason for getting my fac, is that iv been turned down permission and also asked by farmers to take care of fox. So am I asking to much to soon?

They can only say no mate! If you have got enough suitable land, then research some calibres and apply for whatever you like. I've applied for .17HMR and .223 to be honest if I get them both I will probably just get a decent .223 set up for foxing to start with.

Your previous post said " My main reason for getting my FAC, is that iv been turned down permission" I didn't understand that bit

Ye, o have about 6 farms all 300-400 acres each. With good hill back stops. Iv spoken to farmers who dont want dogs or people with airguns. Last perm I tried was 4,000 acres, his brother doesn't like airguns and didn want us on. They had big rabbit problem, squirrel,pigeon etc...and he said that ajrguns ain't suitable for hunting...but we are more than welcome with shotguns,if we had them. This is not the only land owner iv had similar experience with. Round my way, there's loads of sheep farmers...u be lucky to see any crop lol so Mr ginger is around bold an brazen ..my one perm is having a right hammering with fox atm, apparently he got lads with shotguns doing the fox. My last conversation with him saying he wasn't happy with it. Can't blame him.

Ye, o have about 6 farms all 300-400 acres each. With good hill back stops. Iv spoken to farmers who dont want dogs or people with airguns. Last perm I tried was 4,000 acres, his brother doesn't like airguns and didn want us on. They had big rabbit problem, squirrel,pigeon etc...and he said that ajrguns ain't suitable for hunting...but we are more than welcome with shotguns,if we had them. This is not the only land owner iv had similar experience with. Round my way, there's loads of sheep farmers...u be lucky to see any crop lol so Mr ginger is around bold an brazen ..my one perm is having a right hammering with fox atm, apparently he got lads with shotguns doing the fox. My last conversation with him saying he wasn't happy with it. Can't blame him.

Then I would be applying for a centre fire, and there's nothing wrong with lamping foxes with a shotgun, except the noise!

I get out on foot with a powerful head torch on windy nights with a few ssg loads in my pocket. You need to be about 30 yards away while still learning to ensure clean kills. You will also learn allot about wind direction, calling them in and how crafty they can be.......

Good to learn some field craft...

Same applies with dog an wind etc working to your advantage then. As in field craft iv been shooting airguns since I was 8 , so got OK skills at ambushing and creeping up on stuff. Hopefully things will work out, an they see iv changed. Got a few bridges to cross regarding a record. So all might not be so bright lol Atb