Smk Qb78 Deluxe Question......

Go the whole way, but it a T R Robb tuning kit. It will come with an instructional DVD, that makes taking the beast apart and reassembling a breeze, you will be able to strip it down, replace the SMK parts with the Robb parts and that will give you an instant power leap!

However do not do this without buying a chrono first. A chrono is essential for tuning as these guns are easily punted into illegal waters with the parts and you need to make sure that your gun is legal. Mine hit silly power adn I had to change the hammer block back to get it into safe power levels. Aim for 10.5-11 ft lb and you will be safe!

The rifle was a .22 model, it was around 8 degrees outside when I tested it, but I'd had the canister in my pocket for a while to warm it up before I used it. I must admit I've become quite intrigued by this rifle since using it and reading more about it. Could be a good little rifle for ratting, if bought and fitted with the tuning kit achieving more power. I'm seriously thinking about it.

They are accurate, quiet when fitted with a silencer (remove the front sight and get a 15mm Brocock barrel 1/2 inch UNF adaptor, and great fun to play around with too. When the weather is warmer I might take mine roost shooting for the hell of it! See if I can use it to pick pigeons out of trees! Until then I am fitting a new stock to it (AGS PCR stock that I got off ebay for £16 delivered), that needs some woodwork modifications (great fun, especially if you have hands of no skill at woodwork like me, got it to fit though, just have to do some more drilling to fit the safety catch and fit the barrel band, perhaps shorten the fore end as well). By spending dribs and drabs you can come up with a gun that is fun to shoot, a capable hunting weapon and keep yourself amused with whilst you do it!

I think everyone should have one of the 78/79 series, just to tinker with and have some fun with, seriously easy tinkering fun (and this from someone who was never going to service his own guns a couple of years ago)!

I had a lot of fun tuning mine with the T R Robb kit. Very rewarding in the end. It throws out the Logan penetrators/exterminators at pigeons very effectively. I do have to be careful on hot days. The sun can change the pressure as much as 3fps It will easily go over the legal limit if you're not careful. I found wrapping it in camo tape helps keep the temperature constant.