Finnish Male Gos

jasper65

Just a few pic's taken through the spy hole of the finnish male I kept back this year, I'll be pulling him out in a weeks time <10Wks> and starting on him! the breeding season didn't go quite as well as I wanted this year, out of 17 Gos eggs I managed a measley 5, the rest was infertile! with the Peregrines it was 6, but the good old faithfull Harris's gave me 100% with 2 x clutches of 4 produceing 8 youngsters, 4 are late birds and still with their Parents around the 30 days mark, there is also a pic of a Gos rearing the first clutch Harris's, and another of a Finn Female that went for Imprinting, plus 3 x young 1st clutch Pere's, 2 x young Gos's, and a Finnish male coming in on the Hand prior to giving Semen..

Cheers

Tony

Blitz3.jpg

Blitz2.jpg

pipaand4harris.jpg

DSCN2625.jpg

3xperes.jpg

finngermangossat10days.jpg

blitzcopulateing.jpg

Cheers for that runsatnite and Hybrid

I hope he will be a good one, his size is good but as you know! Big is not always better, you ask my missus, she has to make do with a small one like it or not :icon_redface:, I'll either pull him tomorrow or thursday and Hood him and start on him straight away, I think he's going to be switched onto Gamebirds due to the amount of Pheasant Poults he has had in the aviary, Dead of Course :D.

Cheers

Tony

finally pulled him on Saturday! he did'nt quite make to 2lb mark plus I also think he had some food in him, surpriseing as it may seem he was keen and fed off the fist last night like he was starving which is a surprise, I think this could well be that I was originally going to pull him last thursday and cut his food down a couple of days before hand while in the aviary, some cropped up so I put it off until a later day! from that day he has only had enough food to hold him steady which could be why he is so keen, either way I'm pleased with him and no matter what weight he flys at all I'm interested in is a good all round Hawk! finger's crossed .

Just a couple of pic's the days out of the aviary, he was around the 1lb, 15 1/2 Oz mark kitted out...

Cheers

Tony

blitztakenup2.jpg

blitztakenup3.jpg

blitztakenup1.jpg

Cheers for that Daz! I think he will be a nice steady bird as the mother and the father are pretty sensible as far as Gos's are concerned! the mother stood for me perfect in her second year without too much aggresion! she also rears well too, hopefully alot of her good manners will have been passed down....

Tony

• 3 weeks later...