Gaining permission

mike92

First of all i'm new to the forums so hi everyone.

A few months ago I purchased my first air rifle (break barrel) and have been shooting targets in my garden trying to improve my accuracy as much as possible.

I now feel that my skill level is reasonable enough to start hunting rabbits and pidgeons.

My question is, what's the best way to gain permission to shoot on a farmers land?

Being young (20) I feel like they're not going to take me seriously and just dismiss what I have to say.

If there is anyone in the Greater Manchester area who does have permission maybe I could tag along and gain some more knowledge of that person. Thanks.

Thanks for the reply. I tried it yesterday buy the ones i went to said they rent the land or they're part of a lease so they were unsure as to whether they could give permission or not (maybe they were just saying that as a polite no). Anyways, i'm going out again today and my uncle is trying a few places near him. I have no doubt he'll be more succesful than me.

As most have said, go smartly dressed at a sensible time, be polite and be prepared for knock backs.

Above all keep trying and dont lose faith, sooner or later someone will grant you a permission most farmers are shooters and will understand

your difficulty in getting started.

Get some insurance (BASC/CA/SACA/etc) it shows your serious and responsable and good luck...

Fill the tank, dress tidy, drive slowly, make good conversation. Everytime I go out looking for permission iv got it..but I'm not knocking just 1-2 doors lol probably 10+ farms, depends if iv had permission granted like..once you knock regular your confidence will grow, an make it a lot easier to talk to the farmers. Iv yet to bump into one arsehole farmer yet...I don't knock local though as there's too many bell ends who walk the land shooting anything lol so I know I have no chance with perm. Good luck though

Fill the tank, dress tidy, drive slowly, make good conversation. Everytime I go out looking for permission iv got it..but I'm not knocking just 1-2 doors lol probably 10+ farms, depends if iv had permission granted like..once you knock regular your confidence will grow, an make it a lot easier to talk to the farmers. Iv yet to bump into one arsehole farmer yet...I don't knock local though as there's too many bell ends who walk the land shooting anything lol so I know I have no chance with perm. Good luck though

this is excellent advise ;)