Catahoula

Tusker

Was chatting to a fella who visited Alan Scott a few years ago while he was there he asked Alan if he needed a hand feeding the dogs.Alan told him to go up onto the hill and start feeding the bulldogs.The fella a bit worried about getting amongst a load of strange bulldogs asked if he could feed the Cats instead.He said Alan just laughted and said trust me your safer with the bulldogs.

• Like 1

Im talking about stuff their broken to, not entered to :thumbs: same should go with all working dogs. The cats Ive hunted with would hold a good bail until we arrived, then some would lug, others would not, but hell I am willing to believe there are strains that are are hard holders, just aint seen them.

Ya, I dont believe there are many that would be real hard catch dogs but overall they can be real rough bay dogs. Some will catch OK but not like a good bulldog.

My point exactly. Of those Ive hunted with, which aint a lot, but Ive got to know around 15 of them, working feral pigs, I enjoyed their style, and some of the crosses were of the best allround pig dogs Ive seen. They do cross well into a stag or pig dog line. Go on, put up a pic of your cat bulldog. Have you hunted with many pures Dan?