video trouble with n550

Hi ive got a pulsar n550 that ive shot a few things with and seems to work fine, ive bought a jxd 990 to record onto and bought some leads off ebay but the video that is recorded is a bit crap...lol..anyone know why

P.S i was using an old lamp with some ir perspex on it and the veiw through the scope is like daylight but the video is not the same...

th_TVREC022-1.jpg

Leads for recording are a pain to get right,I am trying to sort some out for my NS50 but apparently unless the configuration is right between the NV and the camera it wont work properly,I don't know much about cables but are the ones you using audio or video only reason I ask is I tried some cables from my sons camcorder on mine and the picture on screen was much the same as yours I found out later they were audio.

Edited by santons

I have used digital homebrew rigs with a JXD990 which flares up in places where there is more light in some places than others. I'm guessing that the reflected IR coming off the foliage at the lower left of the screen is somehow 'autogating' the iris of the N550. It seems to have got into a cycle of detecting too much, partially closing down the amount of light it's allowing in then recovering to do the same again - recurring. Sorry I don't have the techno speak to describe it better than that.

I think I noticed an independant Illuminator moving across the scene? It might be a little better if you can focus the IR more tightly to avoid illuminating the foreground.

EDIT: After having a second look, it's possible that the illuminator was flashing on and off.

Edited by some bloke
  • Like 1

my mate had a second illuminater on a monocular but i have noticed when i first turn the n550 on it flickers but not sure it used to..ill put some footage i took whilst getting used to using it of some fallow that all seems fine..

th_TVREC011-2.jpg