springer spaniel help !!!!!!!!

hi , im looking into buying a springer spaniel , my only problem is i dont know what the best choice will be ... puppy OR part trained ??????

i have the time to put into either and i am going to go gundog training .. im just finding it hard to decide

dont want to put all my time and effort into a pup and it dont turn out any good

also need help finding a good dog with good lines and ftch .. ftw ... help someone please ha

I have both and there are advantages to both, the cocker I had at 15 weeks and we have that special bond, he wants to please me.

I also have a third hand springer.

Both work both good but the one I had from a pup is better and I like the fact he does things to please..

But the ess is coming on a treat, I was lucky and found a star.

Part trained is ok if you know exactly what buttons you press so to speak. But I would go for a pup, it's rare anyone gets rid of a good dog unless there is a good reason. Would I sell my cocker nope unless it was stupid money, yes a pup can be a pain in the @rse but there is so much fun to be had, but the fun goes with time and the more time you put the more you will get back in ability. Don't take a dog out once a week and expect it to be good.

Either way there are some good dogs out there you just got to find them

i would choose a pup mate you will have great fun and develope a special bond that counts for a lot when it comes to training and if every thing comes good you will end up with a good working dog that YOU trained giving you the satisfaction to see the HARD work pay off -good luck with whatever your choice mate and remember if you get stuck with anything the lads on here are more than willing to give advice -billy

hi there i have two springers and a staffy the springers are 3 years and 8 months mum is a fab working dog, she marks up rabbit holes like a treat you know if she not interested in the hole its empty the 8 month old have been out about 4 times now and picking it up fab, but now need to find a home for the 8 month old as i thought i was a good idea at the time to keep one of my 3 years old puppies but my staffy is getting a grumpy old girl and minnie (8 month old) is to much for her as my staffy arthritis on her back end and minnie just wants to play all the time so to be fair on both dogs i am sadly looking for a new home for minnie. so going to post her for sale on birdtrader today but you cant ever go wrong with a springer they are fab and very loyal