gwp x lab

telf

Funny enough, the cross usually turn out somewhere between a pointer and a lab, in the way they like to work land (so train for both qualities, but to suit your requirements) I went down the road of pure GWP, even though Im a big fan of the GWP/Lab.. I see the cross breds working on a very regular basis, they are that bit more bidable than a pointer, and are happy quartering close-in to the handler.. they use air born as well as ground scent, and many of them will point. They also make cracking tracking dogs, fox finders/markers/hunters, general vermin finders, love dangerous game, wildfowling, roughshooting and all the rest.

I went for the pure as Im doing less beating, and more rough shooting, and tracking (stalking), vermin control, with a bit of wild fowling thrown in. But if I was still a full-time hill keeper I would have gone for the cross for sure. Working alongside a couple of close-in spaniels, would have made a really good team for me on the land I keepered.

DnN

Funny enough, the cross usually turn out somewhere between a pointer and a lab, in the way they like to work land (so train for both qualities, but to suit your requirements) I went down the road of pure GWP, even though Im a big fan of the GWP/Lab.. I see the cross breds working on a very regular basis, they are that bit more bidable than a pointer, and are happy quartering close-in to the handler.. they use air born as well as ground scent, and many of them will point. They also make cracking tracking dogs, fox finders/markers/hunters, general vermin finders, love dangerous game, wildfowling, roughshooting and all the rest.

I went for the pure as Im doing less beating, and more rough shooting, and tracking (stalking), vermin control, with a bit of wild fowling thrown in. But if I was still a full-time hill keeper I would have gone for the cross for sure. Working alongside a couple of close-in spaniels, would have made a really good team for me on the land I keepered.

DnN

thanks for your help D N N i have booked a lab pup get her in january ,looking forward to training her, but i might still try a gwpxlab in a year or 2 as i here a lot of lads raving on about this cross.