JRT for beating

Bushing and Beating two different games........Both can be FUN ! ,but one is A controlled Job ,for An End RESULT ! birds on the Table ..So a dog Under control is what's NEEDED..Bushing you can have no amount of Uncontrolled Dogs run about in cover ,with no Direction,other than to supply FUN ! Two TOTALLY different Scenarios ;)

I don't know what type of "bushing" you do but mine is always is with an eye of putting something on the table, my dogs are always under my control & do as they are told.

Maybe I'm wrong but I thought the job of the "beater" &/or his disciplined dog was to produce sport for the "shooters" who may or may not be interested in eating what they shot.

Yes you're right both, can to some people, be totally different scenarios but both do involve dogs working through cover & above ground.

Again to the individual who started this thread... good luck with your terrier! :thumbs:

The Guy was asking advice ,on Taking his Russell "BEATING" on a Shoot ...not BUSHING ,I'm sure His ,would do that No Prob ..anydog with a nose Can usually do this Task...some better than others .. :yes:

Bushing with a few mates is alot different from ,as you say providing Sport for guns ..Control of your ward is a Must ;) That is the Advice Given .

As for you controlling your dog or dogs .Who said anything different :hmm:

When on a Shoot or elsewhere you follow instructions from who brings you on ! they expect you to be able to control your dog or dogs ...simple :thumbs:

Ps . are you not the Guy how Tried to put something on the Table with your controlled charge,whilst out with hounds and had to make a Quick Exit before the Houndsman got Up ! :laugh:

Ps . are you not the Guy how Tried to put something on the Table with your controlled charge,whilst out with hounds and had to make a Quick Exit before the Houndsman got Up ! :laugh:

You have me at a disadvantage as I don't know what you're on about. If however you wish to continue to make this personal, may I suggest you don't highjack other users threads & instead PM me with the information.

You have me at a disadvantage as I don't know what you're on about. If however you wish to continue to make this personal, may I suggest you don't highjack other users threads & instead PM me with the information.

You Know :yes: as does half of Ayrshire....Wishing Nothing personal,but answered like the true brassneck :rocker:

Type of "BUSHING" I Like ,these would make a good wee team :tongue2:

post-73658-0-26786900-1352843522.jpg

Edited by Tam O'Void