Quaking Grass

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Guest Ditch_Shitter

:D I seem to have known that name most of my life. Never had a clue what it looked like though. Only, while most of you lot are twiddling ye thumbs and snapping at each other in ye 'off season' frustration see, I'm out every day 'Hunting'. I hunt for wild flowers by day and moths at night! 'Shoot' them with my digi and gather the trophys of my field craft.

In fact, right now ~ and for the rest of my days, most likely ~ I'm doing the full on Gilbert White package. I'm busily trying to discover, photograph and come to recognise just about every aspect of the natural world around me. Believe me, it sharpens ones powers of observation incredibly! I can already spot a tear drop of blue in a deep hedge bottom even as I stride past on some errand. That's how I spotted this, actually quite tiny and completely isolated beauty, in one of the hedge banks along my tracks.

I got down and shot it. Then I passed it to a new friend of mine ~ on line ~ a lady by the name of Jenny who is similarly engaged. Only Jenny's doing just Wild Flowers of Ireland at the moment. She has a web site by that name. I'm trying to find plants for her which she hasn't got shots of yet. Anyway, she put a name to this one and really made my day! At last; I know what it looks like and I've discovered some :D

Quaking Grass