shooting rabbits

i know this might sound daft to you experiansed shooters but im just learning ive been out shooting the past too weakends rabbits only its for a mate who is over run with the pests i have sot 11 dead but i have hit a lot more i know i have hit them but they dont seem to die i think i may be to far from them but im not sure could someone please help with what is the best distance to be and what is the best sort of pellets to use im using a .22 rifle

cheers tam

Hi Tam

Gotta be a head shot, dont know what gun your using but you need a 1" group max at 30-40 yards.

Rabbits are tough little buggers if you dont drop em with a head shot they will bounce and kick into cover or down a hole.

They are pests but respect em and kill em clean, 1 shot in the head and as for range, good fieldcraft should get you to within 30 yards.

good luck

Onelesscharlie

i know this might sound daft to you experiansed shooters but im just learning ive been out shooting the past too weakends rabbits only its for a mate who is over run with the pests i have sot 11 dead but i have hit a lot more i know i have hit them but they dont seem to die i think i may be to far from them but im not sure could someone please help with what is the best distance to be and what is the best sort of pellets to use im using a .22 rifle

cheers tam

What gun you using tam ? not matter too much as long as it near to ful power (12 ft lbs) and of more importance how accurate at your killing distance ?pellet placment is the key buddie.

Try grouping say 9 out of 10 shots in a inch to a inch and a halve on targets and when this is acheived your ready for your bunnies sir ;) Take them with head shots and i garantee you tam there will not be many runners then. all the best sir ;)