a short notice phone call today seen me wetting a line once more,the lad who took me said there were a few bass being caught,and true to form."he aint usually wrong with his information".we had a go....well the weather was good and armed with a box of squid each, we set up and cast out...about half way up the incoming tide i had cracking slack linner of a bite resulting in a bass of around 3 and a half pounds which took a whole squid mounted on a pulley rig with two size 4/0 hooks on...

Guest foxtrack
a short notice phone call today seen me wetting a line once more,the lad who took me said there were a few bass being caught,and true to form."he aint usually wrong with his information".we had a go....well the weather was good and armed with a box of squid each, we set up and cast out...about half way up the incoming tide i had cracking slack linner of a bite resulting in a bass of around 3 and a half pounds which took a whole squid mounted on a pulley rig with two size 4/0 hooks on...

nice fish haf

catch and release is the way to go like me :clapper::clapper::clapper::laugh::laugh:

Nice one mate..............Been having a few on the spinner lately........Light tackle with a little spinning rod..........Great craic !!!!...............best is 3 1/2lb but lads have been nailing 6lb plus in the tidal area of my local river........ ;) ............ Hang on .... Got to go there's a delivery from bridport nets at the door............. :whistle:

• 2 weeks later...