firearms officers home visit questions

Very interesting to see how things are organised with guns in the UK ! :hmm:

In France, we don't have such a FAO organisation. We have to put the gun in a secured locked cupboard but it is still recent and lots of hunters don't.

I have never heard any "cupboard control" in the past years.

About 10 years ago, a law was voted to oblige every gun owner to go to the police in order to declare the gun. But at that time, lots of people didn't.

Now, when you buy a new gun, it is automatically declared to the police by the gun seller. But it is not the case if you buy your friend's gun or find your grand-father's one in the attic ! :whistling:

The FAO is the term used for the police Firearms Officer who is involved in the granting of a firearms certificate/shotgun cerificate here. :yes: Part of the process is a home visit by the officer to ensure that your domestic arrangements are suitible and that you have the means to secure any prospective guns you may be entitled to own.. :thumbs:

Don't know exactly, I'm not really a shooter! :hmm: I can remember my dad having to have a secure cabinet fitted for the first time when he renewed his shotgun certificate the last time, and that was in the 80's...:thumbs: