my see saw trap

They look like a good job there Beagles. BB is right though - you need an illusion of an open tunnel to get them to go in.

Ideally it should look something like this

or this

sindasox did that to the one he made if i remember rightly, perhaps he'll know... Ideally you need a slopping roof and that sorts it ;)

well seen as im only 15 and not go alot of tools to do it i dont think there that bad if i sort the middle bits out im pleased with my self ino there not there hardest to build but hay least im doin it :victory: ill sort them tomorrow :big_boss:

No beagles I think you've done a great job - just trying to help you prefect it.

A block would probably work yes, as long as the 'step' isn't too high. Another quick fix might be to drill a few holes through the roof and sides, right at the top at the far end. These might let enough light in to create the right affect, but I've never tried that.

Also the pivot doesn't have to be in the middle of the seesaw - you can set the hole and the spindle position so that the up and down positions are uneven. It helps if the box is tapered like in your middle pic. You can use weights to rebalance it so that it still swings.

This is one with the seesaw drawn on the outside. Is the same as the one in my first pic above. You can see how with the sloping roof an even seesaw is quite open onw way but closed the other.

This is one I built with a level tunnel and you can see I had to nail on an extra block to fill the gap when it closed.