shot gun (parts)

hey guys i am looking for a clip spring if that makes any sense for top lever latch on a yildiz side by side the spring that swings the latch shut when the barrells are in closed postion, does any one have any leads i could follow up their like hens teeth....i dont think yildiz do afer market parts can not find anything on line... :hmm:

post-47371-0-15928800-1344696407_thumb.jpg

i have done ss waiting to here word!!cheers palaus was on that site their is a piece that kind of looks like it but image is terrible {view} its 18 dollars shipping ect from states dont want ta take a chance 90 percent sure it aint it???

from what ive read after sales parts for yildiz have bben a bit of a problem in the past and replies from yildiz themselves are as rare as hens teeth, some of the american forums advise people to buy 2 guns so you have one for spares :icon_eek:

Hi Mate,

There are 3 distinct types of top lever spring on a side by side all having slightly different shape and size.The types are a "Greener type" a "Scott type" and a "Continental Type".Yours will be a Continetal type.All springs come oversize or failing that a decent gunsmith and were talking old school type gunsmith.can make one from scratch from 3/32" spring steel.Either way i think you will need the services of a gunsmith..

Hi Mate,

There are 3 distinct types of top lever spring on a side by side all having slightly different shape and size.The types are a "Greener type" a "Scott type" and a "Continental Type".Yours will be a Continetal type.All springs come oversize or failing that a decent gunsmith and were talking old school type gunsmith.can make one from scratch from 3/32" spring steel.Either way i think you will need the services of a gunsmith..

there not the easiest of things to get back in thats for sure, the last one i did on an old side by side i had to make a jig out of a pair of mole grips to get it to fit in :laugh:

Hi Mate,

yea i have come to the relisation of makeing one from scratch you rekon 3/32" spring steel?? it seems a fairly straight forward piece to make from the right diemension steel i have the orignal in to halfs will use as template to bend and shape cheers guys...will be inresting to see if yildiz reply :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

Sliphound you need to heat the spring a few times and then quench.Heres a link to the famous Jack Rowe a time served Birmingham master gunsmith now living in America giving a lecture on how to make one.The link is part 1 of 3.A true craftsman,not many of them left now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kH44oXC2nZ4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDdtxn8H2MM

Edited by DOLLSEYES