Ferret collar not working

I have this 8 foot micro collar which i used last season no problem at all i was sorting through all my boxes collars ect and this one has just stopped working.. I have check the obvious ie collar bat and the box i have done this outside so no interference from electrical products..

I have clean the collar connection and rubbed with sand paper to clean it up but still no joy.. Can these be fixd of are the only job for the bin??

Also thanks to

Mark for collar and box both came as said brand new never been used and with batteries excellent mate thank you..

try new batteries mate,some batterys are nearly exhausted when you buy them,also make sure

all connections are clean and dry,especially inside the caps,as they can still be caked in mud etc;

try a few set of batteries,before you write the collar off,you can't do much with the collars repairwise

as they are sealed in resin,all the best,

Higgins.

forgot to mention,also check the recievers battery,and change it if in doubt,sometimes the box is not picking

anything up,people automatically look for problems with the collar first,if there is a weak battery in the box

it has the same effect as the collar not transmitting efficiently.

Edited by higgins
try decent batts and a new cap mate i had trouble with a cap :victory:

yes CH is right,try a different cap as a last resort as this can make a difference,in short try as many things as you can before writing any collar off,all the best,

Higgins.

I read somewhere that a tv aerial screw connector will do the job and when i checked my secondhand collar,sure enough that appears to have one fitted.

This one started playing up last year though.I've been wondering about approaching a local electronics shop where they love building little gadgets from bits of wire and transmitters etc.

I know nothing about electronics but wonder if a cheap mk 1 collar could be made up somehow.

good luck anyway.Mooster :)