Sunday's shooting

Hi there me and a mate tagged along with a pal yesterday who has done pigeon shooting for years and personally I thaught it was goin be a slow day wich wouldnt entertain me but I was so wrong we had a right laugh and got 79 pigeon in 4 and Half hours . The main reason for my post is I have a lurcher who is 13 month old and will start working September / October and has took to training easy but would you say it's too late get her used to a gun to take with us for retrieveing I'm new to the sport so any tips / advice would be great thanks

You can only try her and see how she takes too it . Try holding her 100 yards away and get somebody to fire the gun while your reasuring her and take it from there

As The one says start at distance and gradually work in, but don't do this all in one session do it over a number of days, when you feel its steady at distance then move in closer. Its still a young dog yet so should be steady to your command at 13 months, just don't rush things or you'll put it off for good: Dave