DEAD FISH IN STREAM

Guest Lurcherbitch

We have dead fish in the stream down the bottom of my hill where i walk the dog's, This morning I noticed them. I have taken pics but my camara isn't playing, so will have to wait till my son comes home from work.

These fish are about 5 to 6 inch long, got orange & white speckles on them, there was some tiddly's in there too. within 400 yards i spotted about 30 dead fish.

I am extremly worried as my dogs and other peoples dogs drink out the stream.

Any ideas folks??

Oh I have reported it to Oldham environmental health.

We have dead fish in the stream down the bottom of my hill where i walk the dog's, This morning I noticed them. I have taken pics but my camara isn't playing, so will have to wait till my son comes home from work.

These fish are about 5 to 6 inch long, got orange & white speckles on them, there was some tiddly's in there too. within 400 yards i spotted about 30 dead fish.

Any ideas folks??

get straight onto the environment agency and report it ,take a water sample and picturs, sounds like a pollution , i found something similar many years ago, so phoned the emergency hotline and they sent a bloke out straight away , the local waterworks had leaked effluent into the stream and then sent down thousands of gallons of clean water to flush the steam and try to get away with it , if it wasn,t for us pesky meddeling kids ,they probably would

Guest Lurcherbitch

Any ideas folks??

get straight onto the environment agency and report it ,take a water sample and picturs, sounds like a pollution , i found something similar many years ago, so phoned the emergency hotline and they sent a bloke out straight away , the local waterworks had leaked effluent into the stream and then sent down thousands of gallons of clean water to flush the steam and try to get away with it , if it wasn,t for us pesky meddeling kids ,they probably would

Thank you for the reply, was out there befor and the enviromentel health was already out. Am watching my dogs like a hawk, But they all seem fine atm. Will get pics up asap. and let you know the outcome. Thanks again.xx

Dont mean to worry ya LB, but same thing happened down my river several years ago now, i found about 20 dead fish all together, within i spose 10m. Some how some chemical had got into the river and about 5 miles upstream a blokes dog died becuase of it! I havent a clue what it was or what was done about it but your thread reminded me of it straight away.

obviously becuase the blokes dog was a lot further upstream it would have got a far higher concentration of the chemical but still worrying. Im sure your doin the right thing by your dogs, so i hope everything turns out well.