Late evening shooting on laid wheat

Guest cookiemonsterandmerlin

Guest cookiemonsterandmerlin

Well its been a while since I posted due to work is flat out and the pigeons have been thin on the ground nesting,but with all the wind and rain the crops have been hammered flat.

And the woodies have appeared in huge numbers so the frantic calls from the farmers start.

I could not finnish work till 5 so dash home quick brew sarnie and load the gear in basic gun cartridges and a the whirly with the two spinner wingy things .

On arival the birds where pulling in groups of 5/6 pitching on the wires with a nice laid patch just outside a hedge within the perfect 40 yard goal ,only problem the wind screaming in my face no problem but not ideal.

Setup the whirly topside abou 10 yeards to my right with the gap in the hedge though the valley planning to draw them over the gap into the pattern.

The first hour was steady and with building the pattern with dead birds started to draw them in better and some testing shots going away ,a couple of left and rights .

The last 30 minutes was fast and furious and with only losing the one bird in the standing crop accouted for 48 in in two hours.

Just showings how even with a late start and straight shooting a bag can be had :thumbs:

ATB Cookie

013.jpg

And quick picture to give a idear of the setup with the Xs denoting the whirly postion and hide.

012.jpg?t=1342506620