start on the lamp

Alright then lads im sure some of you will remember my wee pup lola ive had a lot on recently but ive got a summer break and thought ide capatalize on this by preparing the pup fully for the field.For all of you who dont remember shes a 3/4 whip 1/4 beddy and is 7months turning 8.Im looking for training on the lamp have i left it to late or shall i start her training immediatley and is there anything else i could work on (she has all the fundamentals in place recall,retrieve,sit,stay,sits on a click and so on.she is a house pet and only looking to keep the rabbit numbers down around my area.If anyone is up for meeting up for a bit of a mooch when shes ready pm me and we will sort out a time and a place i live in the canterbury area of kent.Atb joe :thumbs:

should be right for the harvest get her on the green rabbits the ones you can walk right up to in the lamp and only slip if there a good way from home she will soon learn the lamp i run the same cross he is now 2 years old and had great fun fetching him on last winter if you was nearer i would have gladly had a run out with you just remeber if she misses the first few keep at it and only run her on easy ones till she gets into it atb troter

• Like 1

Alright then lads im sure some of you will remember my wee pup lola ive had a lot on recently but ive got a summer break and thought ide capatalize on this by preparing the pup fully for the field.For all of you who dont remember shes a 3/4 whip 1/4 beddy and is 7months turning 8.Im looking for training on the lamp have i left it to late or shall i start her training immediatley and is there anything else i could work on (she has all the fundamentals in place recall,retrieve,sit,stay,sits on a click and so on.she is a house pet and only looking to keep the rabbit numbers down around my area.If anyone is up for meeting up for a bit of a mooch when shes ready pm me and we will sort out a time and a place i live in the canterbury area of kent.Atb joe :thumbs:

there is a section on here written by wild rover-(starting a pup lamping.) which will be good experience for your pup before the real thing. go to articles then categories then working dogs and you will find it there. it will be good practise for the pup. good luck for the future with the pup. :thumbs:

mines 9 months turning 10 months and still hasnt seen a rabbit. she hasn mature enough yet. you should get the dvd perdies progress its my first time using his methods of training and everything is going well so far. he trains his dogs by leaving dummys scatter around in a field and just lamping them with the pup getting her used to lamping and helping her to know what the lamp means when its spotting somethin.when its mastered this just start lamping easy rabbits scuatters ect.

if you wont to learn the dog to run down the beam get an old high vis vest take off the reflective bit put it round a toy take ya dog out in the garden with the lamp it is all so good for retreaving on the lamp i have learnt all of mine doing this method and works a treat then go out on to a plying field so you can do some at distance too but remember not to do to mutch with it as its only young still atb kev :thumbs:

if you wont to learn the dog to run down the beam get an old high vis vest take off the reflective bit put it round a toy take ya dog out in the garden with the lamp it is all so good for retreaving on the lamp i have learnt all of mine doing this method and works a treat then go out on to a plying field so you can do some at distance too but remember not to do to mutch with it as its only young still atb kev :thumbs:

Good method that :thumbs:

I prefer to rally stuff round fields and chuck a pup out the window at stuff they soon learn to grab it after they bounce a few times
  • Like 1

no leave it till its about 11 months just keep working on obiedience and jumping till then