Which Binoculars

I realise there has been a number of threads on binoculars, however I have a good et of Minox BL 8 x42 that are very good, but Swaro 7 x42 pick out colours 5 to 10 mins before or after them at dawn/dusk.

I do mainly woodland stalking and would like to upgrade light gathering etc if poss.

An suggestions under a grand, and how do the Swar 7x42 habbicht compare

Ta in advance

If the 5 or 10 minutes are that important to you then you have to judge by how much,

if it`s a grand and a half more important, buy the new swaro HD`s,

If not then stick with what you have.

Me personally, I can`t see past Opticron DBA, at 600 bucks or less they rule. Nothing better imo.

got some steiners here and i tried them up against the swarovskis in the field and i preffered the steiner thats why i went for them i have the rocky s 8x42 never had a problem had em ten years or so now i would highly recommend

I too have Steiners - the 8 x 56 NightHunters and they are well 'fit for purpose' !

They are used daily (for the past 8 years or so) and are a bit big and heavy (like me ;-) but are rubber armoured and the optics are superb. I particularly like the auto sport focusing thingy as no knobs to fiddle with.

They compare favourably with some of the big name / high price tag brands, although not cheap at about £750

http://www.steiner.de/en/binoculars/hunting/nighthunter-xtreme-8x56.php

Regards

JonP

Have a look on Macleods of Tain website, He can have good deals in on his second hand stock and it is always better than described.

One thing though, if you are going to have good binoculars, you will need the scope to match. It is pointless being able to see deer through the binos and cannot see them through the scope due to them being lesser quality.

• Like 1