'little' milestone

Took my brittany spaniel to a big lake a few minutes away, thought id go for her first few water retrieves. Ive been putting it off as I think I put a bit of fear into her as a few minutes walk away is a nice rocky weir, she started to shy away and I should have spotted it sooner. But this lake is very 'beachy' nice and warm. Took my little lad with me also for a paddle, kind of like some small chance that she would at least get in the shallows with us larking about, and some smoked sausage! Well it worked and from the water I stopped her up and threw the dummy just into the the water lipping onto the sand. Sent her out and I couldnt of asked for it to go better. Gave her 2 more only a few feet out and no problems. The next throw out went further than I meant to launch it, I thought fcuk, if she dont get that, then ive got to and id be upto me waist at least (the water aint that warm yet! if ever!!) so, no choice I sent her out, she swam out to it, picked it up and was swimming back with purpose! Was well chuffed.

Im gonna have another go in a day or 2. She is just about a year old and really come on in maturity the last month or thereabouts. Had her coming on steady, probably doing a few things wrong through fault of mine, pointing, dropping, retrieving dummies and live birds. Try and do as much as I can in the water while the weathers good.