what would you do?

hi went to a gunsmith a few good miles from my house and purchased a brand new aa s200 had it for a few weeks was loving it but something just wasnt right so when i went back to pick up then ten shot conversion i asked him to check the power of the rifle so he went in the back came out and said its firing at 9ft lbs ,so i explained that i had bought the rifle 3 week ago why was it so low anyway he asked me to wait i waited in the shop for about 3 hours ,then he came back out from the back and said he had sorted it and its now firing at 11.3 ft lbs but when i got home to fit the 10 shot conversion i noticed a fairly deep scratch in the metal on the gun and a little hole where he had took the anti tamper screw out so i rang and he explained and he said i will give you a new rifle so i thought and said if he puts another screw in and gives me a strap and fittings it would be ok because i didnt want to go through the same issue with power again thanks and any advice welcome i dont know if what hes done is ilegal either all your views please and thanks again

Well really he`s not gotta give you anything . It like checking your change when you get home isnt it . It should have been checked in the shop . And any 3 week old gun that has been put up to 11.3 is going to give you more problems when it beds in , over the next 1000 pellets it WILL creep over power .

As far as i can see , instead of messing he should have re assured you that as it beds in it will increase in power . I guess he did try to get away with it , but has offered to `sort you out` which i guess is fair enough . At the end of the day , all he wants is happy customers , cause at least that way you will go back . Bust

if i bought it new an he scratched it i would want a replacement to be honest. then i would buy a chrono let the rifle bed in and see what the power was then. as long as its around 10.5 i would leave it be and if it was under i would remove the AT screw (without scratching the rifle)and adjust to 11ish at the rifles sweet spot which is about 160 and replace blanking screw with the appropriate allen screw. having said that if you tamper you void your guarantee which the gunsmith has allready done to your existing rifle. they are illegal if any pellet put through it goes over 12ftilb.