What do you think

With the post that was on here about how loud is your moderator which was an interesting post,by the way.

I have a silencer that came with a gun i bought only the silencer has nothing in it i got the gun for a good price so never complained.

I was thinking of filling the silencer with expanding foam trimming it down and re boring the hole through the middle.

Does ANY ONE THINK this would make a quiet silencer ??????

Or make no difference at all ??????

Regards Openseason

There are many schools of thought regarding the world of silencers it seems Barry.

I've seen hair curlers and panscrubs used to great effect, washers and spacers, double foamed haircurler combinations and my badly drilled washers and 5mm ring spacers, which isn't to bad really.

There are some lovely engineered ones from uk Neil which comes with a lot of recommendations!

Drilling your own doesn't sound far fetched to me :-) but I'm no expert..

Weihrauch have a great review also.

With the post that was on here about how loud is your moderator which was an interesting post,by the way.

I have a silencer that came with a gun i bought only the silencer has nothing in it i got the gun for a good price so never complained.

I was thinking of filling the silencer with expanding foam trimming it down and re boring the hole through the middle.

Does ANY ONE THINK this would make a quiet silencer ??????

Or make no difference at all ??????

Regards Openseason

Filling it totally with foam and drilling a hole may not work to well on thinking about it!

A lot of air passes through it at great speed!

Remember your slowing the air down to lessen the crack, so creating air voids to dissipated the air rather than absorbing the noise may work better.

I know a few silecers that have "chambers" separated by washers, the spacing of these chambers seems to vary a bit.

• Like 1

Good point actually thought the foam would absorb the sound but may be not ay!

could or should i say was thinking of drilling holes around the silencer into the foam so they go right through then plug the ends of the holes leaving small tubes running around the silencer thought this might absorb the sound or dissipate the air better or blow the b---dy plugs out lol

think ill try it see what happens just need some foam what do you recon !!!!!!!!!

Fill silencer with foam, maybe line inside with lube, once set pop it out , drill hole in the centre for pellet to pas, then drill shit loads of small holes through to the tube running through the centre ,use a slow speed when drilling foam Lol