Foxing advice request.

If you need to order in, worth a box of 52 a-max. Work nicely on fox and can be mail-ordered. Failing that, v-max, Nosler ballistic tip or Sierra blitzking all work well.

Don't discount lighter bullets in the 1:9 twist, I had an SPS Tactical for a bit, shot everything.

Interested in you mentioning a-max. I'd discounted them as a posibility as I thought they were match bullets, I know they've got a polymer tip but do they have expanding capability?

Thanks again guys, for all the tips. A good cross section of experiences to base an informed decision. Chuffed I signed on now :thumbs: .

A-Max are listed as a match bullet and hornady wont comment on their expansion, but they do say that the bullet is of the same construction as the v-max but has the A nomination which stands for Accurate, aparently, and they are about £25 a box, i would buy Noslers at that price.

A-Max are listed as a match bullet and hornady wont comment on their expansion, but they do say that the bullet is of the same construction as the v-max but has the A nomination which stands for Accurate, aparently, and they are about £25 a box, i would buy Noslers at that price.

My RFD wants £25 for a box of 60gr v-max. (£24 for 55gr). Is that normal? Also, what Nosler bullets have you had experience with?

Yes i think thats about the right price for the A-max and V-max,

i have used the nosler partition and the balistic tip, the balistic tip in both 50 and 55g, the bullet is second to none, i have hand loaded them and used them in the factory V shoc load, i used the V shoc from when they first came out because the land i used to shoot was very flat so i liked the way that they expended all their energy within the animal, unfortunately my barrel doesnt like them and i cant get them to group less than an inch at 100yrds with the odd one or two stepping out even further so i no longer use them, but thats because of my 1:12 twist rate and the size of the bullet but your 1:9 should shoot them fine, another bullet to look at is the berger varmit granade, these are high on my list to give a go as the americans seem to love them!.

Thanks for the further recommendations. I was very tempted by the 60gr Nosler Ballistic tip but i'd have to wait 2-3 weeks for them so I ordered a box of 60gr v-max yesterday, my trouble is, is that I enjoy the load development just as much as the end use. I'd better warn my wallet :icon_eek: .