Range finder scopes

Have a burris eliminator a nice piece of kit. Takes the guess work out of night shooting. It is amazing how far something is but how close you think it is. Like rabbits you think are 50 ish yards away are more closer to 80 / 90 yards. My first shot with this scope was a fox at 261yards yep where i had aimed it had hit. Most of the shots taken are over 150 to 250 yards This scope is fitted to a winchester .243 WSSM. Another tip is not get a light which out ranges your gun. If out with the .22 only use a clulite CB2 then we have a better kill rate. These type of scopes work well work but can be abit long winded on getting distance. 3 secs fells like eternity when sighted up on charlie.

Burris are bringing out a new 4-16x50 version, due in the US in July... picked up on it via fleabay watch and going through the info on the Burris site it looks pretty good... got a finer reticle too.

Found it here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170793600799?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I'll be looking hard at one of these come July, probably cheaper to import it and pay the duty etc than to pay UK prices if the current version is anything to go buy.

atb

Fizz

Yeah i think one would be a good idea for a rimfire when your dealin with alot of drop off at longer ranges. I wouldnt bother with 1 on a centerfire because of the flater trajectory 50 yards either way wont make much difference so id just stick with a good european scope for that job. ATB Mark