Would anyone be able to help.

wingnut

Hello would just like to know if anyone would like to convert a traditional 100yard longnet my grandad has found in his shed for me, which has never been used into a quickset system, i already have a quickset longnet and another to my collection would come in extremely handy i would attempt it my self but not sure how to get the baggage correct, i understand i will loose some length as a result of the baggage, which is fine, if anyone can help if you could PM me that would be great, thanks Wingnut

• 2 weeks later...

getting the bagging is easy to do. this is how i done mine threaded the lines top and bottom tie to a stick pull the net out tight and measure if it got 100% bagging it will be 200 yards long, what ever it is over a 100 yards is your bagging so if 150 yards you have 50% bagging. now decide what the gap is between your poles is going to be I do mine at 9 yards but people go down to 5 yards or any where in between I will say 9 yards so measure 9 yards down the net and put a pole in the ground if the net 100% bagging measure another 9 yards and pull this back to the pole you just put in the ground if 50% measure 4.5 yards and pull this back to the pole tie/fix it to pole and then repeat from each new pole you put in the ground. If you want 100% bagging on a net that is maybe meant to be only 50% bagging your net would end up about 70 yards instead of 100 yards. if you dont have the room to put out the whole net count the meshes its about 180 meshes in between each pole over 9 yards for 100% bagging of a 100 yard net. if you want to put the poles closer then nine yards count the meshes in there length which is prob a 2 inches a mesh until you get to that length you want the poles 1 yard being about 17 18 meshes so 5 yards would be 85 90 meshes then count this again for the bagging and fix to pole with the line top and bottom thats it. there may be different ways out there but this is what i done and it works for me.

Edited by Mark White