help needed with dog ideas

Guest annette jackman

Guest annette jackman

I dont know about you, but i live in a town thats turning into rosten vasey, am sick of going out with my dog and having young kids with so called status dogs (all teeth and slaver), letting them run loose all over the place. In particular one rottie that i thought had moved away from my estate has now returned and although am consently told its good with dogs but every time it sees my dog it goes for her, to the point were my dog was chased (yet again)into the road any nearly knocked down. apart from kicking the crap out the dog and its owner, can any one suggest a dog that would be good with my lurcher but protect myself and my dog, but is good with people. nothing too big as i live in a flat until i can get a house.

any ideas welcome

Guest annette jackman

Id try keeping out of their way and reporting them if they do owt wrong myself. Getting a dog to protect you from other dogs will just end up with dog fights imo.

mm true this estates like a rat run, you can never see where they go. I want it as a deterant for me as well, when am walking the dog at night, when my b/f's at work

mi last bitch was attacked by a german shepherd no harm dun but after that any dog or bitch of any size that showed agression to her normaly backed down after a bit of a stand off sum still had to be chaced till thay got the message she was sal/bull/gray x bull/gray

Guest annette jackman

get a break stick and learn how to use it,and walk away from where dick heads will be.

I think some massive dog like a mastiff or great dane may deter some insecure aggressive dogs,but anything else will probably just wind them up more.

the dog is submissive when ive grabbed it before when its gone for my dog. I just want some visual more than anything. A great dane never thought of that, i was thinking an irish wolf hound but i know they can have alot of health problems. Thanks for that

get a break stick and learn how to use it,and walk away from where dick heads will be.

I think some massive dog like a mastiff or great dane may deter some insecure aggressive dogs,but anything else will probably just wind them up more.

the dog is submissive when ive grabbed it before when its gone for my dog. I just want some visual more than anything. A great dane never thought of that, i was thinking an irish wolf hound but i know they can have alot of health problems. Thanks for that

Is that a joke? You wanted something not too big a minute ago cos you live in a flat? Who would be the dickhead then, walking round the estate with a Wolfhound just cos some little twat has a Rottie you dont like? Wtf

Guest annette jackman

Is that a joke? You wanted something not too big a minute ago cos you live in a flat? Who would be the dickhead then, walking round the estate with a Wolfhound just cos some little twat has a Rottie you dont like? Wtf

that was if i got the house am going for