Pigeon magnet wiring issue

Hi all, wondering if I can tap into any knowledge that you may have on wiring a homemade pigeon magnet correctly.

I built a few magnets and the magnet in question keeps blowing fuses on my speed controller. However more frustrating than that it has now blown two speed controllers all together. It is what I would think a standard windscreen wiper motor, its either an astra mark 4 or another that I can't remember (massive scrappies, maybe a focus). It has 5 wires coming out of it; yellow, brown, green, white and a black/purple wire with two wires that run into the bottom of the motor (relay perhaps) and three into the motor. I've currently got the yellow and brown wires connected to complete my circuit with the others not doing anything. I can't get in to read the serial number from the motor as its connected to my design to google for a wiring diagram, however this will be done if I can't find a solution.

Any of you guys think I've made an obvious error in the wiring or do you think it could be another issue. Its a 12v 7amp/hr battery that I am using. Cheers, Kyle.

You do need to check on a wireing diagram for that wiper motor to get the colour identities of the wires so you are not just wireing on trial and error.

Short of stripping down the motor to identifiy its wireing configuration.

But on most 5 wire wiper motors 2 are usualy for the auto wiper rest switch, one wire is ground the other 2 are normaly full speed wiper and slower speed.

If you work on trial and error I would use just the battery to test without speed controler and keep a supply of fuses handy.

Yeah I realise I'll probably need to see the diagram as I can get the motor to work with four different configurations, the question I am trying to ask is which is the correct one though, like say for one wire is earth, do I use this or not and which other wire would I be looking to use it with, the slow setting, the fast setting, this is where I am unsure? Cheers

Latest update after some serious digging today, the motor is a bosch and from a VW, however I haven't managed to confirm the direct motor serial number, because the three numbers I found on the motor were either scraped or didn't return anything from the search. However from looking for VW bosch motors with the same output pins that I have on mine ( 31, 31b, 53, 53a & 53b) I have returned a few of the same wiring diagram, now its just making sense of it. It says that the pins do the following jobs:

Battery

31 - Return line to battery - battery terminal or ground, direct

31b - Return line to negative battery terminal or ground, via switch or relay ( switched negative)

Wiper Motor

53 - Wiper motor, input (+)

53a - Wiper (+),self parking switch off

53b - Wiper ( shunt winding)

So next question, and i really appreciate the help, what would you think the two wires I should be using to complete my circuit also bearing it mind this will go to the speed controller then the battery. Cheers