Staff Vs Mr Fox

I couldnt get to sleep one night (PRE BAN) so took my 2 year old staffordshire bull terrier out for a quick walk on the rugby field across from my house it was pitch black so took the torch with me as i let him off the lead and scaned the field with the torch i spoted a dog fox right in the middle of the field as it set off running my dog spoted it and followed after 10mins looking in the trees for him i found the fox dead and my dog lied down at the side of it hes never even bothered about another animal before and lets other dogs bully him but that nite he must of snaped haha

Has anyone else been hunting with a staff ? i mean there not the most agile dogs but he can get some speed up i was thinking about trying him with a few rabbits one night see how he gets on.

Edited by WIGAN WARRIOR

I couldnt get to sleep last night so took my 2 year old staffordshire bull terrier out for a quick walk on the rugby field across from my house it was pitch black so took the torch with me as i let him off the lead and scaned the field with the torch i spoted a dog fox right in the middle of the field as it set off running my dog spoted it and followed after 10mins looking in the trees for him i found the fox dead and my dog lied down at the side of it hes never even bothered about another animal before and lets other dogs bully him but last nite he must of snaped haha

Has anyone else been hunting with a staff ? i mean there not the most agile dogs but he can get some speed up i was thinking about trying him with a few rabbits one night see how he gets on.

You really should start with "Once upon a time" and finish with "The End!!"............ :whistling:
  • Like 7

I couldnt get to sleep last night so took my 2 year old staffordshire bull terrier out for a quick walk on the rugby field across from my house it was pitch black so took the torch with me as i let him off the lead and scaned the field with the torch i spoted a dog fox right in the middle of the field as it set off running my dog spoted it and followed after 10mins looking in the trees for him i found the fox dead and my dog lied down at the side of it hes never even bothered about another animal before and lets other dogs bully him but last nite he must of snaped haha

You really should start with "Once upon a time" and finish with "The End!!"............ :whistling:

haha yeah i didnt expect anyone to beleve me it dose sound a bit farfetched i agree but 100% true

Nice one mate, my staff had killed one in my mums garden but I dont really take him hunting.

She even caught one on her own doorstep.

post-32-0-53382200-1326278308_thumb.jpg

The terrier bitch had scooted out of the door as she’d obviously realised quicker than I had that something was on and the next thing I knew I was hearing contact! As I ran out of the back door in my bare feet, the security lights came on revealing the terrier bitch on the floor with a fox engaged in a passionate embrace! The first thing that went through my mind was “thank god it’s not a bloody cat” but then the hour of the day came into my head (0530) combined with the fact that my neighbours wouldn’t really relish foxes being killed within metres of their house….well one side wouldn’t anyway! With that, I knocked the security lights off and after the crash of a few terracotta pots and my watering can, the one-sided struggle was over as soon as it began. I dragged the fox out of the way and pulled the terrier off, which was easier said than done as she just went firing straight back in. Once I calmed her down the fox was weighed and was a 14lb dog which I didn’t think was too bad for an urban specimen.

I don’t know what that particular fox was thinking off coming into my garden like that. There are kennels at the top and a ferret court half way down. Maybe the fresh rabbit I’d thrown in with the ferrets had tempted this fox into my garden or maybe these urban foxes just don’t actually care about the scent of dogs all around them anymore. I’ve known that the urban ones are as bold as brass for some time, but to flaunt that in my garden was a big mistake. The last one this fox ever made.

I have had a terrier nail one in broad daylight in cover so i dont think it is impossible..and i know Stab's dog has deffinitely nailed a few.. :thumbs: ..so i believe you but i can't see it happening on a regular basis and i deffinitely don't think you will have much joy on the bunnies..

• Like 1

She even caught one on her own doorstep.

post-32-0-53382200-1326278308_thumb.jpg

The terrier bitch had scooted out of the door as she’d obviously realised quicker than I had that something was on and the next thing I knew I was hearing contact! As I ran out of the back door in my bare feet, the security lights came on revealing the terrier bitch on the floor with a fox engaged in a passionate embrace! The first thing that went through my mind was “thank god it’s not a bloody cat” but then the hour of the day came into my head (0530) combined with the fact that my neighbours wouldn’t really relish foxes being killed within metres of their house….well one side wouldn’t anyway! With that, I knocked the security lights off and after the crash of a few terracotta pots and my watering can, the one-sided struggle was over as soon as it began. I dragged the fox out of the way and pulled the terrier off, which was easier said than done as she just went firing straight back in. Once I calmed her down the fox was weighed and was a 14lb dog which I didn’t think was too bad for an urban specimen.

I don’t know what that particular fox was thinking off coming into my garden like that. There are kennels at the top and a ferret court half way down. Maybe the fresh rabbit I’d thrown in with the ferrets had tempted this fox into my garden or maybe these urban foxes just don’t actually care about the scent of dogs all around them anymore. I’ve known that the urban ones are as bold as brass for some time, but to flaunt that in my garden was a big mistake. The last one this fox ever made.

that ginger beard dose nowt for yeah stabbs lol

I couldnt get to sleep one night (PRE BAN) so took my 2 year old staffordshire bull terrier out for a quick walk on the rugby field across from my house it was pitch black so took the torch with me as i let him off the lead and scaned the field with the torch i spoted a dog fox right in the middle of the field as it set off running my dog spoted it and followed after 10mins looking in the trees for him i found the fox dead and my dog lied down at the side of it hes never even bothered about another animal before and lets other dogs bully him but last nite he must of snaped haha

Didn't realise that (pre ban) meant yesterday, proof read what you type before putting anything up you pratt. :wallbash:

• Like 3