Crewkerne Lurcher & Terrier Winter Coursing Event - 29 Jan

Dear All

I wanted to load up the poster for this event, but my computer isn't playing ball at the moment, so i have copied the details on the poster below, which i hope has all the informaition you require.

As you will see, I need to have details of any dog wishing to participate in the coursing, prior to the day. I will need the name of the dog, owner, description of dog and you will be asked to sign a form when you arrive confirming that is the dog you have bought to run. I will, subject to space, take entries on the day, but this will be at an additional cost see below.

The Winner of the Coursing, Straight Overs and unders will all qualify for the NLRC's racing championship later in the year and each will receive a trophy and rosette.

The pub over the road have kindly agreed to do a hot buffett (as we are unsure of timings for a sit down meal) and stay open during the afternoon so we can all have a chance to relax and talk about the morning's events. I will also do the presentation of the winners in the pub, prior to eating.

Of course, this event is subject to weather conditions and i will keep you all updated as necessary.

I do hope that you will all support the event (especially those in the West Country) as this is the first event I am running in my role as South West Area Rep for NLRC and i would hope that we can hold more events (during the winter) if this one is well supported.

Any queries, please ask

Sarah

CREWKERNE LURCHER & TERRIER

WINTER COURSING EVENT

SUNDAY 29 JANUARY 2012 at

STATION ROAD CREWKERNE, TA18 8AL

SIMULATED COURSING TO START AT 9.30AM,

WITH STRAIGHT RACING FOR LURCHERS AND TERRIERS TO FOLLOW

Winners to Qualify for the NRLC Racing Finals

£3 ENTRY FEE PER DOG FOR BOTH COURSING AND STRAIGHT RACING

(PRE- ENTRIES REQUIRED FOR COURSING TO BE MADE VIA EMAIL OR TELEPHONE - £5 ENTRY FEE ON THE DAY, IF SPACE ALLOWS)

HOT BUFFETT AFTER RACING AT THE OLD STAGECOACH INN, CREWKERNE AT £7 PER HEAD (BOOKING REQUIRED IN ADVANCE THROUGH SARAH with final numbers required by Sunday 21 January)

A RAFFLE AND PRESENTATION TO THE WINNERS TO BE HELD AT THE END OF THE RACING PRIOR TO LUNCH AT THE OLD STAGECOACH INN

All Profit to be split between the NLRC and St Margaret’s Hospice

FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT SARAH DOBLE ON 07900190575 or zakthedingo@aol.com

• Like 1

Thank Rog, its only the entrance that gets wet, and i have chucked loads of bricks down AND i have faith in the British weather, but there is a tractor on stand by haha!! Why don't you come with the little terrors, i mean terriers anyway??

Kim, yes 16 dog card full already. so names please that would be good. Got a number of straight overs as well and the local farming community with their terriers, so i am hoping all goes well and the weather is kind for the next few weeks,

Hi there, the coursing will be based on gates and judged by an overall judge, hope that answers your question.

Just a reminder to all, any more coursing entries need to be with me prior to the day (else an additonal cost may be incurred). Any attendees wanting to stay for lunch will need to let me know by Monday 23 January 2012, so that i can place the order at the pub.

Hoping that you can all attend,

sarah

• 2 weeks later...