Recent outing

Hi all, heres me and wag on our recent outing to a drain that we shoot.

On arrival it was a little disapointing to find the wind that was forcast was more of a gentle breeze but as we were there we had to give it ago. Once in our positions we set the decoys and settled in to our hides mine being an old pallet on end stuffed with grass and reeds on the waters edge and wags a hole he dug on the bankside (which looked more like a crator than a hole to me lol).

As dawn broke a pair of mallard came in fast and low and on they went fast and low as i was still half asleep, apparently so was wag. A few minutes later i heard a couple of shots from upstream and as i turned to look a single teal came fast and low again this time i was ready and it fell on the far bank to my first shot, a good shot for me and good retrieve for ben. There was a few more shots from up stream before my next chance came along which was another teal this one a far bit higher but just as fast, 1st barrel missed so did the 2nd and as i was just about to pull the trigger again directly above me at 25 yards was a single greylag so i pulled on to pulled the trigger just to hear a click, my last cartridge had jammed, well p***ed off. That was my last chance of the morning so i headed out to see how wag had got on. He ended up with 3 teal so not a bad morning at all.

wag in his crator (lol)

duckflight004.jpg

me on the waters edge

duckflight007.jpg

wags morning bag

duckflight005.jpg

there is nothing wrong with my dug out chunk i told you thats what you need i put you in the best spot and you still can't get the geese :laugh: , i do like to get hidden even the teal could not see me that dropped in with the decoys , i could have shot a few more but they were to good for me yesterday morning they where low and fast and it was great sport not many ducks shot but it's not all about shooting big numbers ...

i did shoot a wigeon that dropped way over the other side of the drain the dogs had to cross the drain we were shooting ..... then over the bank and across another drain the other side to get to where it had dropped but we could not see what they doing when they went over the bank and was un sited , chunky did attempt to cross the drain but he was to short and plump to cross it with the soft bottom lol :tongue2: ....

it was a nice flight both young dogs worked well this is there first full season and doing us both proud , i have got a couple of pics and videos of the young dogs working ..

this is chunkys attempt to cross the drain

htc081.jpg

a couple of videos of the young dogs working ............edited to say just click on the photo's of the dogs and the video will play

th_htc087.jpg

th_htc084.jpg

the wigeon was later picked by our friend who owns the shooting on the drain and all the land around...... for us to go pick it , it would have been a 7 mile trip around the other side but he lives the other side and i made a call to him and it was picked .... :victory:

hi boys looks fun why are you not at work wag lol :bye:

hi dangercreek , i'm off work with the flu feel like shite .. it came on yesterday ......so i have to keep myself entertained with me being so poorly :bad::cray: